Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tuesday at the Table

Food nerd that I am, when I saw that a new food documentary was coming to Netflix, I put it on my calendar. Finally this last weekend, I was able to watch/listen while I sewed. In the newly released Cooked, "Michael Pollan explores how cooking transforms food and shapes our world." It was enlightening for sure.


The four episodes were very thematic, based on the natural elements of Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. And among other meaningful tidbits discussed, I was especially drawn to those about the consequences of eating highly processed food, and also about the demise of home cooking. Food for thought - no pun intended.

Anyway, the series is beautifully recorded and the host, a gifted narrator. I didn't realize until I was writing this post that the series was based on a book by Michael Pollan - Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation. Anyway, if you're interested in "ingredients and cooking techniques that we use to nourish ourselves," I think you'll enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds very interesting, thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading Michael Pollan's books, particularly The Omnivore's Dilemma which I then also listened to. I am so happy that you posted this information about his program on Netflix! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I've tried to attend Michael Pollan lectures here in Sacramento and he always sells out immediately. I have all his books, including "Cooked". Thanks for the Netflix link :)

    ReplyDelete