Finally! I gathered supplies and packed my Maker's Tote with the basics, so it's ready to go next time a sew-in or retreat rolls along! Rather than tear my sewing space apart every time I sew away, I wanted this tote ready to grab and go. So check out what I've packed and remind me what I've missed!
1. small cutting mat - My 8" x 11" mat fits easily in this large tote.
2. rotary cutter with a fresh blade
3. rulers - An assortment of smaller favorites.
4. sewing machine needles - Just in case.
5. all purpose scissors
6. snips - These are my favorite to have next to the machine no matter where I'm sewing.
7. spare reading glasses - Can't do much without them.
8. marking pens - I really like FriXion markers but use them mostly in places that won't show in the finished project, like seam allowances.
9. hera marker - My most frequently-used marking tool.
10. a tool to push out corners, as in pouches - I like using one of my grandma's crochet hooks.
13. thread collector - The collapsible Gypsy Bitty Buddy is perfect for traveling.
14. notebook and pen
15. business cards - Again, just in case.
So here's what my tote looks like 'pre-packed." Still plenty of room for the the current project and any necessary thread and supplies. I'm expecting this to come in quite handy whenever it's time to go and sew!
The handmade items shown in this post include: