Monday, December 19, 2016

Another Angle

Instead of our regular December meeting, the Seattle MQG has traditionally had a full-on holiday party/sew-in, and part of that tradition has been a swap. Like last year, I made a holiday pillow, and chose Another Angle, which I sewed up with Cotton and Steel Washi Tape as the accent fabric, mixed with holiday solids and Essex linen.


I quilted it in a large-scale grid, and at 20", it was a good-sized pillow, which ultimately found a home with my friend Michelle/@michellemakesmischief.


In return, I snagged a lovely little quilt made by Pam/@pamjcole, and I love the minimalism and match-stick quilting. And those stripes in the binding. It came with the bonus of a tiny magnet and equally tiny scissors, which I hear she got at snuggly monkey. Sweet.


It was a fun day visiting with my guild-mates, I got next to nothing accomplished, and I had some mighty yummy cookies, which I'll tell you about tomorrow!

#Christmascushionalong #seattlemqgswap

10 comments:

  1. I know the sample size is only 2, but it looks like holiday colors and triangles were popular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful makes, Debbie. Love, love, love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillow is lovely ! I like that you added pink to the traditionnal red and green colours. And I love everything of the mini quilt you received !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I think I need to add this to my list of things to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the cute pillow you gave and the darling mini you received! what a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely festive cushion. I don't think I have ever seen such tiny scissors, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute holiday angle pillow!
    I like Pam's little triangle quilt. I've been playing with little triangles and small quilts too, delightful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pillow is so beautiful!! I love that it's festive but it doesn't scream Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your pillow and pattern source. This looks like a fun project. What a nice swap! Both your gift and the one you received were very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pillow is so pepper-minty cute :) - love it! You received a special gift too - love those scissors!

    ReplyDelete