Monday, September 18, 2017

Of All Stripes

It feels like I haven't done any Bee Sewcial creating for ages, and in a way that's true! After M-R/quiltmatters' Group Hug prompt in June, it was my turn, with my choice being Looking Up. I didn't make a block, but those of my bee-mates have all arrived by now, and then we took a month off in August. So yeah, it's been a while.

12" x 14"

Imagine my surprise - and pleasure! - when Anne/playcrafts announced her September prompt "Of All Stripes." Yup. Improv stripes - one of my very favorites. Just perusing her inspiration pin board made me very happy!


13" x 16.5"

So those were very fun to make! AND the hard task of puzzling my Looking Up blocks into a quilt top remains.

5 comments:

  1. awesome stripes. can't wait to see what you do with the looking up blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely and it was fun to revisit the Pinterest board that Anne created. You nailed her color requests and the feeling of all the quilts she collated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first stripe block Debbie ! And I'm looking forward to seeing your 'looking up' top. The blocks I've seen so far are really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've done here!
    I have a weakness for improv stripes.
    Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete