Wednesday, January 17, 2018

{pause}


You guys. It was three months after submitting my article to Curated Quilts that I held Issue 2 in my hands and saw my Creative Reset project in its pages. It was immensely satisfying.


When I was asked to create a tutorial for one of my pincushions from last summer's pinnie parade and list some tips on reviving creativity, it felt a very natural request.... something I was totally comfortable creating and writing about, which isn't always the case these days. And truly, an improv log cabin block has been one to call to me over and over again.


So if you happen to get a chance to read the article, know that you are receiving a part of me. The ideas I share are exactly what I do when I find myself in that unsettling place. And though these improvisational pincushions were the result this time, the same processes have led me to equally satisfying places and got me going again at other times. Ie. they work for me.


Gee whiz. I kinda keep forgetting that my Steeped in Tradition also appears in the Gallery section of this issue. Considering this quilt was sold at QuiltCon in 2016, it's always good to see it again!


If you have yet to explore a copy of Curated Quilts for yourself, consider giving an issue a try. I've found it to be a beautifully published and inspiring quilting journal. And I'm pleased to have had a part in it.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the article and quilt feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, congratulations, very exciting!
    I'll take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to you! An honor well deserved. I need to subscribe to Curated Quilts, I love what I've been seeing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the quilt feature and the article, so very well deserved success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see your work any time, but to see it in "Curated Quilts" is especially exciting! Thanks for sharing the link, too.

    ReplyDelete