Sunday, March 1, 2015

Fresh Sewing Day

By its nature, February was already a short month, and it was made even shorter by nearly a week away at QuiltCon. I swear much of the rest of the month was spent either getting ready to go or decompressing once I was back. Considering all that, I'm pretty pleased with what I accomplished - especially my Marsala quilt! Check back tomorrow for a complete reveal post.
Probably the project that was the most downright fun was pattern-testing The Motley Wheel for Nicole/Mama Love Quilts, and then meeting up with Nicole in Austin was icing on the cake!

Stitching up a simple little doll quilt for grandgirl using her first fat-quarter made us both happy.

From there it was a variety, the highlights being a new-to-me Lola pouch and a travel-worthy Cargo Duffle.
And lastly, I made a stack of covered sketch books.
I promised a little giveaway, and random winners have been selected! Tammie, you get the galloping horses, and Mary, the one with the flower is yours! I've emailed both winners. And that's a wrap!

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day.

12 comments:

  1. A fabulous month! Adore those notebook covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you do is fabulous, but particularly love your "test" for Nicole and your quilt with grandgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work as always! Lucky Tammie & Mary. I guess I'll have to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic month you had, even with all the preparing and recovering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful notebook covers! You were Super productive.
    I'm so glad you had fun at QuiltCon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love covered sketchbooks, I need to get on making some too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great month for you - lovely makes as well as Quiltcon !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific gradation of colors in the color wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You would never be able to tell it was a short month from your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the Marsala! I was thinking about this stitch pattern today! I wish my machine had this, because it would be perfect for my next quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy your quilting style, Debbie. Adding the ghost bacon was brilliant! There's nothing better than passing on a love for handmade to the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure do get a Loy finished in s short month

    ReplyDelete