Friday, May 7, 2021

Snowflake Sampler :: Woven Star + Pearvocado

Lucky me, there were TWO new chickenscratch embroidery blocks in the Snowflake Sampler this month! The first, the Woven Star, was plumb full of the white eight-pointed 'stars' used in two of the previous blocks. The weaving felt unique though, and was a pleasure to stitch.

The second block was the Pearvocado, and it's definitely a stand-out among my blocks so far. For one, it was a first for the green floss I chose; then with the weaving, I had to be extra careful with the tension, as afterwards, the woven threads were stitched down with bar stitches. Filling in the shape with three different stitches playing together made things pretty interesting, both to stitch and in the end result.



In case you missed my previous blocks, here they are!

X and O Star   +   Tiny Snowflakes   +   Lacy Flowers

Large Snowflake

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, that star pattern formed by the weaving in Pearvocado is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I have got to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great embroidery and project, Pearvocado, that would be an amazing cross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so great. I especially love your use of variegated threads

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking great! I look forward to seeing them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is some fancy stitchin goin on here ! Totally upscale from the typical cross stitch I was expecting to see. Very elegant indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're sharing close-up pictures of your stitching because all the effort you've put into each block isn't obvious from a distance. Love the colors you've been using, and those wonderful weaving stitches make basic chicken scratch so much more interesting! I presume you're using a hoop for each block, as I can't imagine managing tension without it. You're making some beautiful pieces here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These blocks are quite amazing! I love seeing your blocks especially the close up shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pearvacado! too funny! the variegated thread is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great-Grandma Jeske would be sooo proud of you. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete