Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Seattle MQG Giving Blocks

Seattle MQG has a long history of making giving quilts, and I very nearly missed out on making blocks for the latest one. Thankfully, I was reminded at our meeting last week and the deadline was extended! Our new Giving Quilts co-chairs, Ann Marchand & Marion Lisko, asked for Sawtooth Stars in solids or prints that read as solids. The stars could have traditional star points or wonky points, either way with an improv center. 8 1/2" unfinished, I confess I enjoyed making these scrappy blocks way more than I expected, and I could have just kept going. All the centers began with pieced scraps from the scrap basket, which added to the fun.


This first 2022 giving quilt will go to Treehouse for Kids – a local program for foster kids. I'm glad I was able to contribute some blocks!

9 comments:

  1. Creating blocks for giving programs like your guild collects always feels like a lot of fun to me as well. These are bright and happy and sure to bring joy to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so fun to look at. Just lovely! I hope your charity quilt will make a kid real happy :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really fun blocks for a kids quilt...or anybody’s quilt that loves bright and fun and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting color and cheerful Star Blocks! Yes, giving is a good thing, giving smiles, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so happy-looking! I love the idea of sewing together little bits to work into a larger, structured (or unstructured) block. I need to remember this idea for future piecing! It's wonderfully generous of you to take time to participate in such a worthwhile effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your blocks! Sew very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lynne! I was happy with them too!

      Delete
  7. LOVE your blocks! Sew very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete