Tuesday, April 9, 2024

From One to Nine

Do you remember Recast


Well, when I was looking for a finished small quilt to repurpose as mini mini quilts, she seemed like a good candidate.


I cut her up into nine pieces, both 4" and 5" squares.


I got two bound fairly quickly, including a label on the back to identify myself.




When we were in the neighborhood of the Free Little Art Gallery, I was able to drop them off.





In a fun twist, my guild-mate Tracey @traceyquiltspnw saw my post, was nearby, and swung by with a friend to claim the pair of mini minis!



Slowly, I worked on binding the rest, and it dawned on me to try Yvonne's @quiltingjetgirl tutorial for Binding Mini Mini Quilts with single-fold binding. It worked really well! I rummaged through my solids scrap basket for binding options, thus the variety of colors.




Yesterday, I made a trip back down to the Free Little Art Gallery to drop the mini minis off.... all but one, as happily, a friend claimed one of them before I could get there. 



Here's hoping the tiny quilts find a new home soon!

3 comments:

  1. Super mini quilt finishes! Each one a master piece Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun snippets of art for their new owners to enjoy! I just finished a mini mini as a birthday gift for a good friend last night and had to pull up my tutorial for a quick refresher - it's good not to have to store everything in my head (although I don't know why I still have all my old zip codes and phone numbers rattling around up there).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brave and generous to cut up your finished quilt to make small art-gifts. They are very lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete