Thursday, February 9, 2012

The BCQ

Once upon a time, I was a pretty new quilter. And I met some women that had been quilting together for some time. And they invited me to join them and we all became fast friends. Back in the day, we'd get together once a month to sew, and we'd go on retreats now and then and sew and eat and laugh and sew some more. Somewhere along the line, we named ourselves The Basket Case QuiltersBut somehow things changed, life got even busier, and we rarely quilt together any more and we haven't 'retreated' for a very long time.

SO you can imagine my excitement . . . we are going on a weekend quilting, eating, laughing retreat TODAY. We'll be taking turns cooking, visiting Over the Rainbow fabrics (an online shop open by appointment), sewing late into the night, and basically relaxing and catching up. Good times ahead.

I've packed *way more than enough* projects to work on, not knowing what will strike my fancy.
1. Hometown "Wild Thing" top complete (quilt & bind), 2. Quilting Indeed (finishing quilting & bind), 3. Fabrics cut for Sparkle QAL (piece, baste, & quilt), 4. Scrapbuster Swap blocks returned (expand blocks + make 1 more), 5. Star of Mystery (make new Solstice star!), 6. Granny Square Quilt Blocks (make3 blocks for do.Good Stitches), 7. Patchwork Wristlet (try tutorial w/o zipper tabs), 8. Sew, Mama, Sew Giveaway Day! (try tutorial again, making a smaller size), 9. metro link (start another scrappy quilt),10. Not available (fabric stack for my cousin's table runner)

Priority are #1 and #2. Actually, #1 through #6. Though I'd really like to start #9. Hmmm. Choices, choices.

18 comments:

  1. I hope you have an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous!!! Nothing like fun girl time, sewing and eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!! Can't wait for my retreat in March. I LOVE the new solstice star block! Thanks for pointing me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so so much fun! Hope you have a great time and get lots done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful time! Cannot wait to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, have fun! I think I officially have Granny Square fever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, that's quite the packing list! Have a blast :oD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, exciting! I'd love a quilting retreat. Maybe I'll have to plan one with my sister this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky girl,
    Have a great time, relax and soak up all that fun! I am so glad you went with the variegated thread and I love the way you quilted it!! It looks awesome. I can't wait to hear about your retreat. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fabulous! Enjoy your retreat, and LOVE the name!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, that sounds like fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, are you going for a week? Sounds wonderful, I hope you have the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie - I have just awarded you the Versatile Award on my blog at http://marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/2012/02/double-surprises-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Retreats are so much fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you have lots of fun things to work on. How lucky you are to have some pals to hang out with and sew! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh - how wonderful - hope you had a fantastic time away

    ReplyDelete