Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bee Blocks

Please tell me I'm not the only one that looks for anything to do except what she should be doing! I was kind of guilty last night, but justified it as trying to get Megan's bee blocks back to her quickly so she can sew up her quilt before her baby comes! 

I recently joined the Always Bee Learning Bee, and the first block up was the Tokyo Subway Block, something I'd see before at Oh, Fransson, but never seriously considered doing. I must say, I think it was a stroke of genius on Megan's part, to have her fellow bee members stitch up most of the blocks for her!
They finish at 16" and are not difficult in the least, you just have to pay close attention to keep the rows in order. Very fun fabric Megan sent us, and I'm anxious to see this quilt complete!

While I was in bee mode, I went ahead and finished up my Modern Blocks Bee blocks for Valerie. First was Boxed Up by Angela Yosten.
Second was Little Square, Big Square by Kim Schaefer of Little Quilt Company.
Both were fun to stitch up in Valerie's lovely palette of red, blue, gray, and white.

So I'm caught up on Zakka, have my June bee blocks done, and now really, really better face the project with the deadline!

14 comments:

  1. Nope, you're definitely not the only procrastinator! Love the blocks :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should put your feet up first? Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both those sets of bee blocks on my list for this weekend, yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blocks, all of them! So what were you supposed to be doing? I'm so bad as far as procrastinating. I'm often tidying the house in a mad frenzy just before picking up the kids from school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so me. Right now I should be doing my hair. Instead, I'm admiring you blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am exactly the same way! i have so much to do but instead i am catching up on your blog! google reader has been conspiring against me. three or 4 of my favorite blogs (yes, yours) were missing from my reader and they showed up this afternoon. weird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blocks, Debbie. and no, you're not the only one not doing what you should be doing. I really have to make myself to finish one project this weekend. I'd so rather be doing something else, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny. I'm a natural born procrastinator.
    Loving the blocks! Such fun colours =D

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. There is one extra day to enter =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Tokyo subway blocks - it is such a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I am totally in your corner! I spend most of my time doing everything but what really needs to be done, i.e. laundry, grocery shopping. So happy to know that we are of like mind :-) Your bee blocks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're not alone, my friend. Not by a long shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don´t like projects with a deadline... but I do like your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am the queen of avoidance ;-). Love the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous bee blocks - love the subway ones....and i'm supposed to be writing a report!!

    ReplyDelete