Monday, June 11, 2012

Those Solstice Stars

One of the first projects I worked on this year was the Solstice Stars Series by Faith of Fresh Lemons Quilts. It was great fun and I ended up with 5 blocks I really liked.
Unfortunately, the blocks hung on the wall of my sewing room just so ever since. Until this week.

I loved the myriad of ideas Faith had suggested for using our star blocks, and decided to use the layout on the far left.
Quilt Top Layout Ideas

But I hadn't made my 5 blocks in a really cohesive palette, and decided to change them up a bit. First I remade the "Another Star" block.
And though the "Star of Mystery" block is a stunner (mine is the all gold block above), I just didn't have it in me to do paper piecing right now. So I hunted outside the fold and decided to include a "Quattro Stagioni Star" by thought & found.
Soooo, now I have 5 star blocks that play better together color-wise, especially when joined with the solids I've chosen to use.
So stay tuned while I pull together a quilt that was on hold for much too long!

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

16 comments:

  1. I love reading your 'progress' posts, Debbie! You explain your thought and design process so well! The various layouts are all so interesting too! I look forward to seeing where you go next with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks...your fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, can't wait to see what you do with these! My 5 solstice star blocks are still buried in a pile somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I should dig mine out and actually do something with them. I can't wait to see what you do with yours! Maybe it will motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I wish even more I'd had time to make some solstice stars. Good thing I saved them all, I can go back now. :) Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of those stars, I am looking forward to seeing your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stars. Yes, I really liked the layouts Faith provided.
    I used the blocks for the tangerine challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Hmmm, now I must now what solids you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great :o) It always amazes me how many different ways there are to make a star, and to arrange squares and triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool - can't wait to see what solid you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the layouts with just a few stars and the rest solids. It's simple but stunning. Looking forward to the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blocks all look great. I'll be watching to see what you do with them next =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So creative! Love the story - think that is going to help me with the cousin quilt I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The star blocks are so lovely - they look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them. What a great setting too. I had big plans to follow along with Faith and, well.........

    ReplyDelete
  16. can you tell i am catching up again? i love these blocks!

    ReplyDelete