Tuesday, January 8, 2013

W.i.P. Wednesday

The pending report on my Finish-A-Long list for 4th quarter was motivation enough to get me going this last week. Good thing. I feel pretty great about what I've gotten accomplished!

And something to look forward to! A Triple-Zip Along is coming soon! You may already be plenty involved in monthly, quarterly, and yearly groups. But this sew along will be just a few weeks long, making a project that will take just a couple hours of your time {a Triple-Zip Pouch!}. What could be better? I'll be posting more details before long, but meanwhile you can join the Triple-Zip Along flickr group, where the most detailed and up-to-date info will always be! Hope you can join in!

Meanwhile, about those projects . . .

Completed projects
Binary - I managed to finish this FAL quilt just in the nick of time! Full post here.

Ongoing projects
Modern Crosses quilt - Even I can't believe I was still piecing blocks last Wednesday. As of today, the top (98" square!) is pieced, as is the back, and will be hooking up with the long arm quilter yet this week. (yay)

Scrappy Trip Along - I've shown real restraint not moving too far forward on this one before dealing with the projects above. So as a reward, I cut more strips and pieced another couple of blocks.

Quiet Book and stocking - no progress, but soon.

Upcoming projects - yeah I put pretty much everything I could think of on the list here. Hope to get those bee blocks started over the week end . . .
* Binding for Mod Cross quilt
* FAITH Circle January "Sparkle" blocks (2)
* That Stash Bee's January "Birds in the Air" blocks (2) + siggy block
* Lucky Stars BOM - practice block + January block
* Always Bee Learning Bee - herringbone block + improv block
* Mid Century Modern Bee - churn dash block + siggy block
* Modern Blocks Bee January"Piece of the Garden" block
* Woodland cross-stitch sampler (waiting for supplies)
* plan for FAITH Circle's February quilt
* Emerald mini
* Mod Angles cushion
* flannel pillow for grandgirl
* table topper for mom
* scrappy Metrolink
* x and + blocks
* Polaroid block projects
* placemats

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.
WIPWednesday

33 comments:

  1. pretty quilts! Love how you reward your progess by making a srappytripalong block!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from WIP wednesday. Gosh you have a big list to do. Love the photos of where things are at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your upcoming projects list looks really exciting! I absolutely must know what a "Sparkle" block is though!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That upcoming list is impressive- Modern Crosses is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are moving fast this week. Amazing progress. I'm glad the Scrappy Trip Along looks like a lot of hard work with tiny bits of fabric because otherwise I know I couldn't stop myself from starting one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your modern crosses top. And wow, that is quite a list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to the Triple-Zip Along! I love that photo of binary and the modern crosses is lovely. You have long list too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that modern crosses quilt, it's so wonderfully modern and "clean". And I just can't get enough of your amazing binding on your Binary quilt, totally genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Modern Crosses and can't wait to see it quilted! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Modern Crosses is stunning! And, I excited to hear about the Triple-Zip Along... seems I need some encouragement to start one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the finishes so far, that's quite the list to be working on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects. I love the Binary quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Modern Cross quilt looks great. Did you figure it out and do it or did you use a pattern? I will need to go back through your blog to find out :) I have a FQ bundle of 1974 that I want to bust into and this may be the perfect pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow. You have compiled quite the list. I may try the FAL for the first quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look great -- and, wow, that's quite a list! I wish I had that much time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 98" square?????? WOW! I was thinking that it's kind of a different way to construct plus blocks, but it's really neat how the directional prints have a cool effect in the finished blocks when made this way. Good for you for sending this one off to be quilted!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the finished look of your binary quilt! I am stopping from the WIP hop, I would love to have you drop by my post: http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/01/its-wednesday-wip.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the idea of rewarding yourself with the trip along! You get those gorgeous projects done and have a little fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great looking projects and wow what a list! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Modern Crosses, love the trip-along blocks - but really, really love the motivation of a Triple-Zip-Along!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They all look wonderfu...but I love Binary

    ReplyDelete
  22. I took a cue from another blogger and posted my UFO/WIP list on my blog as a menu tab. It's "On the Horizon," and I fully intend that the list will be shorter the end of 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your Modern Crosses quilt. I want to make a similar one sometime in 2013- I hope mine turns out as nicely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Modern Crosses quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Modern Crosses quilt looks wonderful - which pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love binary too! Love how you are using yur scrappy trip blcks as a reward!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm busy compiling a similar list of things I would like to do... loosely based on books and fabric that I already own, and you have reminded me that I love the Modern Crosses pattern - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That FAL is great motivation! And I am delighted to see you're doing a Zip Along! I want to make one for my niece and add a strap to make it a little purse so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that Binary quilt! It's very striking. Impressive list of to-do items. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the Binary quilt...it's turned out great. You've got a busy year ahead of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. your upcoming projects list is terrifying! i need to get a quilt hanging rod like you have. i love it!

    ReplyDelete