Friday, August 23, 2013

August Bee Blocks

As expected, there was a nice variety of bee blocks this month. First up was 1 large (24.5" wide by 12.5" tall) Palace Steps block for FAITH Circle, using gray and graduated yellows. It required some thoughtfulness but went together quite nicely.

On the other hand, the improv pieced arrows for Always Bee Learning bee were a bit of a mind-bender for me! But I managed and really look forward to seeing this quilt come together!

Lastly were some comforting and familiar x-and-+ blocks for Mid-Century Modern bee. I've done plenty of these blocks before, but never in one colorway, so that was a nice twist.

That Stash Bee took the month off, so it's kind of ironic that I'm working to finish my own June project with this bee. Funny how things work out.

13 comments:

  1. I really love those pink blocks....I can just imagine a quilt with all those different pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely blocks Debbie! The x and + ones were such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The palace steps is beautiful and those arrows are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks, Debbie! You did an excellent job on rosé arrows and I'm so excited for your Modern Maples finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you sleep? Just curious.... great blocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't done my arrows yet, but I will say that I love yours, all your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink blocks especially. And I think those arrows would bend my mind too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those improv arrow blocks look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mixture of techniques in those blocks :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks, I love your arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun to see the blocks--love the fabric she sent for your arrows. I found that to be a bit of a mind-stretcher, but it was a good challenge. Like you, I can hardly wait to see what comes of all these arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those arrow blocks are so fun!

    ReplyDelete