Monday, October 13, 2014

2014 Finish-A-Long: Q4 List

Goodness. I'm kind of struggling with what to even put on this quarter's list. I've got a few new quilts brewing in my mind, but nothing firm, and for sure no fabric picked out for them yet. So sad to say, I have just a couple of things actually started.

To be finished sooner rather than later is my first item of clothing in a very long time. It's a Julia Cardigan that I started on a recent sew day with daughter dear. She's finished and wearing hers, but mine is still in pieces.

Another project is a quilt made with bee blocks from the Always Bee Learning Bee. I have 50 some half rectangle triangle blocks as well as fabric to make a few more. So of the several stacks of bee blocks I have stashed, this is the one I'd like to finish next.

And only because a stack of half-finished blocks has been sitting on my ironing board for months, I'm going to step out and add my Cross Stitch blocks. I had an idea in mind for this project, and these scrappy blocks may become "it", though maybe not. But I'm going to try to at least make something with them. I like them, I just don't really like making them . . . yeah.

So that's that. Wish me luck.

Linking up with Finish Along Quarter 4!

8 comments:

  1. Luck being wished.... I love the look of the crosses; what a shame they are a pain to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Debbie! I aren't sewn clothes for me in years either. I do like your X blocks and the long triangles. I just posted my list to the link up and I landed right beside you. We can cheer each other on ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter dear would be a hard one to keep up with - she makes great inspiring clothes. Love the two quilts on your list, both scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I should send some of my ufos to you. These projects are all lovely, I hope you finish them all. I am curious about the cross stitch blocks now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabric shopping always inspires me :) We all need a break once in a while...my sewing machine decided I needed one...so off to repair shop it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally doable list! I'm making a short one this time too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a very reasonable list, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see you finish a garment! Looks like a great list!

    ReplyDelete