Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 Finish-A-Long: Q1 List

I feel like I started the year with a pretty clean slate, so it's taken some effort to get going again on sewing projects I really want to make. Of course, the Finish-A-Long is good motivation, and yay! I've managed to come up with a list for this quarter!
  1. First and foremost is a baby quilt due this month! I really can't show much, but trust me, it's in the works!!
  2. And then another!  I enjoyed the baby quilt I made using shecanquilt's Canvas pattern so much, I'm going to use that again. Looks like I haven't gotten too far, but the next step is all cut out.
  3. Faith Circle's December quilt is another priority. I now have all the blocks from my bee-mates, so I can move forward. I'm really shooting to have this completed by the end of the month. 
  4. Twice at SMQG sewn-item swaps, I've had my hands on a sweet patchwork journal/sketch book, and twice they've been stolen away. snif. So I guess I need to make my own, and a mini Hack Slash block is just the beginning.
  5. And last is another 'me' project using the Oakshott scraps Cindy/Live A Colorful Life shared with me. It'll be a mini, so how hard could it be?
Even though there's 5 projects on my list, it seems doable. Here's hoping!

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

13 comments:

  1. Lovely projects Debbie and you've given me an idea! Win Win!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I promised myself one at a time in 2015 but I already have five new ones in progress. Old habits die hard. I love your mini block and am eager to see how the journal comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list and how nice to see another Canvas soon too. I have journals and keep meaning to make a covered one for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone can do it Debbie, it's you ; )
    Love your bee blocks. That will be a lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos , i love that little star booklet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great projects! I love the tiny star for the notebook. And the bee blocks are great! I really like that block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely projects! What is the background fabric in the pinwheel blocks? Lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great list of projects Debbie - love the fabrics you are using for the notebook cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Five is a good number. Your projects look promising.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great list. It'll be fun watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good group of projects to work on. I really like your Faith quilt. Great color/fabric combos. I think I'll join the finish party this quarter too. I can use all the pressure I can get to finish things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow!!! What a list. So looking forward to seeing your finished notebook cover, I just love the block you started with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely looking projects, good luck!

    ReplyDelete