I winged it on this next project, a fabric-covered mini clipboard for grandgirl, who loves to make lists. There are several tutorials on Pinterest, but they all used mod-podge, which I didn't have and didn't have time to go purchase. So basically I made a tight-fitting sleeve after tracing the clipboard on the wrong side of my fabric. Then the top edges were trimmed and tucked in, secured with heavy-duty double-sided tape. Not too professional but I think it'll hold up for quite a while.
Then there were a couple of baby gifts for my friend Marci who is due very soon. First, a couple of quilted bibs from the tutorial by sew she sews. Personally I like the velcro closure - it's easy to sew on, plus easy to use on baby.
Then I made the Travel Diaper Clutch using the tutorial by SewCraftyJess. This little clutch uses a unique Pellon product that I had used just once before, when due to my own error, I applied it to the wrong side of my fabric. I paid better attention this time, and the Vinyl-Fuse worked like a charm, making the clutch water repellent. It's been a while since I was caring for an infant, but if I remember correctly, this will be a convenient little item to have.
Making these baby items prompted me to make a new Pinterest board, Sewing for Baby. I pinned these and other baby projects I've made so I have some ideas for next time.
So there's the last of the littles from the month - a lot of PINK!