Monday, February 29, 2016

The Judges Speak :: Once


photo courtesy Diane/ylmommyx4

On the day it happened, I wrote about Mod Mood winning first place in the group category at QuiltCon. But I wanted to add a sort of "P.S." now that Mod Mood is home.



The fact is, though I've entered several quilt shows before, and actually placed a couple of times, I have always entered my quilts 'for show only.' Ie. Not to be judged. I'm sure it was some insecurity on my part - that seeing my work up close and personal, judges might see my workmanship as less that stellar. But in entering the most recent QuiltCon show, I let 'er rip, so to speak. It felt time to just put myself out there.

So understandably, I was nervous to see what the judges had to say about Mod Mood. But I needn't have worried.



Another 'woo-hoo' moment was seeing the ribbon!


All of QuiltCon's 2016 Award Ribbons were beautifully and thoughtfully made by Nicole/Modern Handcraft


ribbon photos courtesy Nicole/Modern Handcraft



photo courtesy Janice/betteroffthread

So that's the rest of the story as they say. And one I'll remember fondly for a long while.

photo courtesy Martha/onceawingnut

12 comments:

  1. so wonderful to get positive affirmation from the judges too! well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful quilt. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice wrap up~the quilt is amazing, and I would love to see it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous! One of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grinning ear to ear! Loved seeing all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you and encouraging to be reminded that when we face fear, the outcome usually is positive! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Debbie, well deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sew exciting!!!!!! I couldn't be happier for you and your group! It is a singularly amazing quilt that has just seemed so special right from the start! Congratulations on such a fun quilting moment and experience! (I especially LOVE that last photo!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations again Debbie and all the ladies! This is one kind of quilt and one of my for ever favourites! It is so beautiful, colours are so perfect together and they have exactly the feeling of Mid-Century. There is so much to look because all the blocks are really interesting! Now I noticed better also the quilting which is so good. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you decided to enter it for judging--a wise decision! I just got my quilts back today and was so nervous about reading the comments. They were all very positive, and the only one that made me laugh was about the quilting on "I've Got Your Back," where I submitted the back of the quilt rather than the front. The comment was that a different quilting motif would have accentuated the design better. Obviously. Because the quilting motif was based on the FRONT of the quilt. :) Anyway, congratulations on a well-deserved win.

    ReplyDelete