Monday, October 24, 2016

Taking the Inspiration Somewhere

After coming up with my own design during the "Every Day Inspiration" workshop with Michelle/Factotum of Arts a week ago, I found it had really captured my interest, and small as it was (10 1/2" x 14"), it was pretty quick and easy to make the one block into a mini quilt.


The quilting was the most enjoyable bit! The 'X' area got matchstick quilting in Aurifil 50wt #2140 (mustard); the rest of the quilt was straight-line quilted at 3/8" intervals with #2600 (light gray).


I couldn't resist taking a photo of the finished quilt with a local road sign, as Michelle has a fondness for them, and they were a source of inspiration for us attending the workshop with her.


Once again, a simple little project was the perfect kind of "let's just make this to make" fun, which totally refueled me. Plus it may just have inspired another quilt plan, and of course time will tell if that becomes a reality. Meanwhile, this little one now hangs by my computer, a reminder to keep exploring....


13 comments:

  1. I like how the quilting hints at there being so much more "off quilt" to the design and how the fall colors photograph so well with the mini, too. Lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little project, Debbie! No wonder it has refueled you! It has everything that inspires: simple but outstanding design, great colour choice and wonderful quilting! How do you keep your little quilts so flat and straight? Love the idea with the road signs! Brilliant little project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great mini quilt and I love your photo shoots !

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's fabulous. would be great to have your bee make more blocks & make a whole quilt of them maybe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quilt and would like that on my wall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple lines used to such great effect. I look forward to seeing where this inspiration of this mini will take you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle's class is wonderful! It was really interesting to see how each person interpreted the sign challenge! Yours is wonderful! The quilting brings another dimension to the design. I kind of love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is wonderful! I love the composition itself, but the way you quilted it makes it even more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great echo quilting! I'd love to have you link up to Finished or Not Fridays each week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this! And I really the process of creating it - what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea for inspirational quilting. I love the outcome and the quilting. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like this! I finally just bought an open toe walking foot and am looking forward to more walking foot projects like this.

    ReplyDelete