Friday, January 18, 2019

Begonia :: It's a Mystery!

Another year, another new project right? And my latest is the new block-of-the-month announced at our recent Seattle MQG guild meeting. I was excited to see what Stefanie/satterwhitequilts.com had planned for us. Boy was I surprised when she said "mystery quilt!" It's called Begonia, and will be built in a medallion quilt fashion.



Step one was to select a palette and 
fabrics and create a swatch panel. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to make a fabric bundle. I was trying to pull at least mostly from stash, and I was able to do that with just ordering more of my background, Kona Everglade.



The first month, we're also making some diamond-in-a-square blocks, and doing alot of fabric cutting for the months to come. If you're interested in joining us, everything will be posted on our guild blog. The introductory post is up, providing fabric requirements, the monthly schedule, and January instructions. I'm not usually much for surprises, but this will be my first mystery quilt and I'm totally up for it.

11 comments:

  1. I like your color palette! Anxious to see where this goes. I've never done a mystery quilt either....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this will be a treat to see come together! Great palette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought mystery quilts seem such fun! I think the control freak in me panics though! Look forward to seeing yours emerge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the palette you ended up with, especially the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your palette is fabulous. I will enjoy watching this develop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done a mystery quilt BOM before! I love the color palette your choose and I'm sure it's going to be amazing! Very smart idea with the color swatch card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never done a mystery quilt either. Guess I like to have more control. I'm curious as to how the color palette is established. Does everyone come up with their own or is it specified?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found all the answers by jumping to the link. Thanks for including it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mystery part would kill me... hope you are having lots of fun and that you are happpy with the result. The fabrics you picked are gorgeous together so I guess it can only be an amazing quilt (if there weren't the uncertainty) :)

    BTW I loooove how you have done the swatch panel. I will pin it and keep the inspriation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your colour palette! So soothing to the eye. I’ve never been brave enough to partake in a mystery quilt, but have always loved the quilts I’ve seen at the end. Looking forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your colours for this! I’ve done a few mystery quilts before and some I’ve loved and some not so much. I can’t wait to see this one come together!

    ReplyDelete