Wednesday, January 9, 2019

2018 Finish-A-Long: Q4 Finish!!!

I was this close to reporting that I had zero finishes in Q4 of the Finish-A-Long. But over the weekend, after letting my latest Bee Sewcial quilt sit all through December, I got in the groove and finished up the quilting. A couple of evenings hand-stitching on a faced binding, and I can thankfully, enthusiastically declare I Have A Finish just in the nick of time!



No lie that I let this one intimidate me, and by choosing to quilt it improvisationally with my walking foot, took a very circuitous route. Unfortunately, I need a break in the weather to get some decent photos, so I'm hoping this one showing the binding is proof enough for now that it's done. This one's been hard won, and I can't wait to share more soon.



This finish was on my 2018 FAL Q4 list. Linking up with the other 2018 Finish-A-Long Q4 Finishes!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish and I look forward to getting to enjoy the full finish when you can get photographs to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finish! I can't wait to see photos of this awesome quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, congrats on the finish! So you got 50% percent done. Doesn't that sound great :) Looking forward to the extra pictures. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to get decent photos here in the winter! I feel your pain. But I can't wait to see what you've accomplished. Quilting improvisationally sounds challenging, so I'm curious to see what you did. Congrats on a hard-won finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish. Hoping for some sun this weekend here in the Pacific NW. Fingers crossed. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this piece and the prompt you chose. I can't get my head around the fact that you then quilted it free motion and it looks great (from what I can see). I am stewing over how to quilt my first bee prompt finish. Maybe soon as you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete