Monday, May 15, 2017

Gifting

Log Cabin Hexi Potholders, a free Craftsy pattern by SewCanShe, are one of my favorite scrappy projects, and they're perfect for a quick little gift. Come to think of it, I've gifted every set I've ever made.... hmmm. Anyway, I decided to sew up a set for mom for Mother's Day.



Per the usual for these, I used Linen Mochi Dots for the backing. That with a layer each of insul-bright and batting in the middle, makes for nice sturdy potholders.



Of course, I needed to wrap them, and adapted Jeni/In Color Order's Fabric Envelopes pattern to fit the potholder pair. (I cut my fabric and interfacing 12 1/2" wide by 24 1/2" tall.) I found the perfect-sized piece of Anna Maria Horner's Hand Drawn Garden in the stash, and fussy-cut to center the roses down the front of the envelope.



I did use SF101 Shape-Flex in place of the medium-weight interfacing suggested, basically because I plain like it, but that did result in a pretty flimsy envelope, but it worked great as a 'wrapper' and mom thought it was perfect, so there you go. Oh, and it has a snap! I'm still a 'read every line of the instructions' snap-applier, but I had great success with my SnapSetter Tool.



So that all worked out well, mom was pleased, and as usual, it was nice to have a couple of quick little finishes. Oh yeah.

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Your potholders are very nice ! And I love that you made something to wrap them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make a lovely gift, especially in the lovely envelope. I like how you fussy cut the centres too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea to make an envelope instead of wrapping a gift. I'll try it. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty. I love your colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely gift and a lovely make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the envelope idea and your fabric choice is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The potholders are lovely. So nice I would never use them - always make my potholders really messy :)

    ReplyDelete