Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Summer Sampler 2021 :: Summer Blooms

This week's Summer Sampler 2021 block is "Summer Blooms," a design by Katie Blakesly/Swim Bike Quilt, with her modern take on a traditional Rocky Mountain Puzzle block.


I can't say I loooove sewing quarter-circle curves like these, but they went really well, thank goodness, and I was able to finish the entire block is no time at all. All the fabrics were ones I used in last week's "Crossroads" block, except the lime, which is Alison Glass' Kaleidoscope in Fern. It was random how the directions for the block indicated my use of the one lone print from Carolyn Friedlander's Jetty, but I really like it! So I'm only two blocks in, but I think they look really great together!


3 comments:

  1. I like both the addition of Fern and the lone print in the block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eek curves! kidding, yours are beautiful. another great block

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piecing skills! I like your color choices too.

    ReplyDelete