Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Floral Stitches VI

It's hard to believe this is the SIXTH floral stitches sampler I've done. You may remember at the start, that I signed up for just six of the 12 months offered. Well, I extended that, so I'll be stitching the entire collection. I've just enjoyed them too much to stop now!

Besides echo stitching inside the flower petals, I really enjoyed doing some wrapped backstitch in some of the 'rainbows.' Finally, I added a definite ringed border to the design with a backstitch and chain stitch combo. For each of the three main colors - red, green, and blue - I again used Rebecca's tip of rotating through three shades of each color. I think that's been my go-to method ever since I heard her mention it.


And just for fun, here's a pic of the backside... could be neater, could be worse. It's not something I think about much!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely as always! What are you doing with all your embroidery work when you've finished them? I've been encouraging Lydia to work on the sampler I gave her--and when I suggested that we make it into a wall hanging or a pillow--she was very perky! Growing up embroidery was for pillowcases and tea towels--then I did a couple of designs on a dress and an old work shirt--good use of my time when I was on pregnancy bed rest 49 year ago! Ha. Time to get back into hand work! Love that you do so much. Blessings & love.

    ReplyDelete