Monday, October 7, 2024

Side Chairs

It's been a while since I've had a decent-sized quilt finish, so it really feels good to have completed my chair quilt now know as "Side Chairs." 

Definitions of side chair. noun. a straight-backed chair without arms. synonyms: straight chair. www.vocabulary.com


Side Chairs was initially inspired by a quilt made by Kathy Peters of Marquette MI, called "Table Scraps" that I happened across in Liberated Quiltmaking II by Gwen Marston. Making one little block eventually led to many many more, and I'm not sorry one bit. To me, the OOP Mod Tex Flower in Sorbet by Studio RK is the star of the show.  The solids are all Kona colors, and the stripes are orange pin stripe and pink pin stripe by makower uk for Andover. And the remaining print is Amy Butler's Midwest Modern Martini, which is a longtime favorite.


I couldn't resist making a pieced quilt back out of project leftovers, and the binding was made from the last of the floral print.


For quilting, I went with Dimensional Arrows from WALK 2.0 by Jacquie Gering, because it reminded me of the chairs. Using Aurifil 50wt 1104 [Neon Orange] felt like a stretch, but it was the only orange I had, and honestly, I don't think it stands out that much on the front. Not even sure why, but for the bobbin I used Aurifil 50wt 2423 [Pink], and as you can see, the contrast is much more noticeable.



Measuring 46" x 62", Side Chairs is so maximalist, but I love how some chairs are so obvious, and others you have to hunt for. Oh! And in the center of them all, is a dining table. Our dining room wouldn't actually fit 39 chairs, but the random number is more symbolic of generosity and connection, than an actual amount.


It was fun to go out for an actual photoshoot for this quilt, something hubby and I have rarely done since the pandemic.


Hubby thought he was clever snapping a photo of me taking a photo....



Which reminded me it would be a nice idea to get a decent photo of myself with my quilt. So....



"Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious." ~ Ruth Reichl

Thought it would be nice to list the posts about this project, just to record its progress:

7/4/24 | Chairs

8/12/24 | Pull up a chair

8/24/24 | A Seat at the Table

9/25/24 | Find a Seat

1 comment:

  1. HIRE A HACKER TO RECOVER STOLEN BITCOIN. A CERTIFIED CRYPTO RECOVERY EXPERT RECOVERY.

    Greetings to everyone who read my testimony. When it comes to retrieval of lost investment funds. GEO COORDINATES RECOVERY HACKER is a formidable force and a group of exceptionally skilled professionals who are specialized and knowledgeable with the intricate complexities of the crypto realm. Life comes with different experiences. I don't know what you have experienced but this is my short testimony. I was a victim of an online cryptocurrency heist that left me with a devastating loss of $850,000 worth of Bitcoin. After a few days of losing this huge funds I did a thorough search for help and I found GEO COORDINATES RECOVERY HACKER whom I reported my situation to. I opened a case with this team and they assured me of swift action immediately. To my surprise, within a few hours I reached out to them and they were able to retrieve my stolen funds. I was really proud of working with GEO COORDINATES RECOVERY HACKER which has become a go to solution for victims of scam all over the world. I will recommend anybody who wants to recover scammed bitcoin, stolen cryptocurrency, funds lost to binary options forex, investment and any other form of online scam to reach Out to GEO COORDINATES RECOVERY HACKER

    Email: geovcoordinateshacker@gmail.com
    Website; https://geovcoordinateshac.wixsite.com/geo-coordinates-hack
    WhatsApp +1 (512) 550 1646

    ReplyDelete