Thursday, July 4, 2024

Chairs

Thumbing through some of my quilt books the other day, I happened upon a quilt by Kathy Peters of Marquette MI, called "Table Scraps" in Liberated Quiltmaking II by Gwen Marston. I didn't remember ever seeing a quilt of chair blocks, so of course, I had to give one a try....


I had just a scrap of that fun orange/pink/purple print fabric, but a week or two later, I decided to make another chair block, and incorporated it again.


That second block made me think I wouldn't mind making a bunch more chair blocks, so we'll see. I don't have much of that print left, and unfortunately can't remember what it is! But maybe I'll find other prints that fit with it, and I can continue on. We'll see!

2 comments:

  1. Both the block and print are fun, so I hope you can find more prints to continue the gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun idea for a quilt block. Hope you can find out more info on that print, and maybe locate more?

    ReplyDelete