Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Spring Fling

The second I caught a glimpse of Dropcloth's Spring Fling sampler, I wanted to stitch it. And it proved to be such an enjoyable one! I used double-thickness #8 perle cotton for this one, and my only regret is not doing the butterflies in satin stitch. BUT since that's not really my favorite to execute, I chose to just enjoy the process. For some reason, I especially liked stitching all the greenery. And those round purple seed pods. And all those Xs that weren't even a part of the pattern. 


The design on Spring Fling measured about 6.5" across, so quite a bit larger than the Floral Stitches series, and I liked that. I also had fun building the palette as I went. 




All in all, I'm really happy with it, but kind of sad that it's finished. Thankfully I have this month's Floral Stitches sampler at the ready to turn to.

4 comments:

  1. It is vibrant and I love, love, love all the shades of green you used. I can tell that it was a fun one to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. It's bright and has Interesting detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those samplers are a bit like coloring pages for thread - what fun! I enjoy seeing the up close photos, with all the variety of stitches. So cool!

    ReplyDelete