Monday, August 12, 2024

Pull up a chair

Soo it's been several weeks since I shared my first chair blocks with you, and slow but sure I've been making more. The primary floral print in three of the chairs below is OOP Mod Tex Flower in Sorbet by Studio RK, and it will be featured throughout this project. The solids are all Kona colors. The stripe in the lower left background is orange pin stripe by makower uk for Andover.


I've been alternating using the floral print as the chair and as the background. Do you have a preference? I've yet to decide if I need more than one versus the other.


I'm still trying to make a variety of chair back styles, though I'm running a little low on new ideas at this point. In the batch below, I've introduced another pin stripe print - this time in pink, also by makower uk for Andover.


And yesterday, I decided to play around with scale. The lower left block is 8"-ish, as are most of the blocks I've previously made. The two new larger ones measure 11"-ish, and the smaller two 6"-ish. I think I've decided I like the mix of sizes and will continue that as I make more blocks.

I'm also making chairs that face both left and right, though I've totally lost track of which I've made more or less of. With the batch above, my block count is at 19. For now, I'll just keep making.

6 comments:

  1. I love your chair blocks!! The colors are amazing, bright and warm my fav!! Keep it up, I might have to try a few.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chairs are wonderful! My talented friend Margreth made some chair quilts, take a look at her instagram @quiltstudio22. /Louise in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see the progress on your blocks. Varying the sizes, great idea! Do you notice chairs wherever you go now? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great... I really like your chair blocks.
    It's great that you included a few "children's chairs"... it will be a heavenly quilt.
    Many happy greetings go to you from Viola

    ReplyDelete