Friday, August 2, 2024

July Fabric Usage

After making just a few chair blocks early in the month, I knew I wanted to make more. AND I wanted to feature a very particular fabric - the multi-colored print in the chair block below.

Unfortunately, "it" [Mod Tex Flower in Sorbet by Studio RK] has been out of print for a long time, and I really had to hunt to 1) identify it, and 2) find some to purchase. But I was successful, and have begun to gather a few other coordinating prints as well.


So that was it, until I decided to make a bag for my daughter, Rachel @snippetsofsweetness. That plan resulted in my ordering some exterior fabric and a few possible choices for a lining. Wouldn't you know, the color of the exterior wasn't quite right, but one of the lining options was a winner, and coordinated well with a fabric for the exterior that I had in stash. So all's good there, and I'm happy to stash a few of those blues for later use.


So it wasn't an overly productive month in using stash, but still a step in the right direction. I'm not feeling bad about it one bit.

July Fabric Usage

Used up: 10.42 yards [7.025 projects + 3.395 recycled/donated]
Brought in: 6.5 yards 
Net: -3.92 yards

1 comment:

  1. I love your fabric choices, exciting. And it's great that you found more of the Mod Tex Flower in Sorbet fabric.
    The 'Chair' block looks superb.

    ReplyDelete