Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Milky Way

Milky Way was one of those samplers I've known about for a while, but honestly, I've been waiting on it for a desperate moment. Not truly desperate, of course, but for when I really needed a Dropcloth sampler fix, I knew I had one more in the wings. So now that I've stitched nearly every Dropcloth sampler, it was finally time.



I struggled a bit with a cohesive palette on this one, which was stitched with a double-thickness of #8 perle cotton. So I just decided to have fun and not worry too much about it, and for the most part, I think it turned out ok.


And since I'm reporting in about a sampler, I'll mention that I gifted another one recently. I backed the Paisley sampler and gifted it to a friend. She'd admired my embroidery last time we were together, so I knew she'd enjoy receiving one, and she did.


So next up is another little sampler in the Floral Stitches series, which I'm really looking forward to!

3 comments:

  1. Another pretty finish. I can see how these would be addictive to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it turned out more than okay! It's a beautiful finish and I like the double thickness of perle cotton #8. Your colors are super too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milky Way is SPECTACULAR! What a lovely gift for your friend. She must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete