Wednesday, October 2, 2024

2024 Quilting Q3 Check In

How can it be October?? We're three-quarters though 2024, so it's time to join in the #2024QuiltingQ3CheckIn with Yvonne of @quiltingjetgirl

(Italics are from my original post; regular text is my current response.)


Quilts

I'm glancing back at my goals from January's Quilting Planning Party to see how I've done, and for the first time this year, I did not meet my loose goal of at least one quilt per month. In fact, I have just two small quilt finishes for the quarter. Oh well!

  • Surrounds was my entry in Seattle MQG's "I Heard It On the Radio" quilt challenge. I plan to share more about it and the challenge quilt show in the months ahead.

  • Matrix was begun in an On the Grid workshop with Maria Shell, and made incorporating several improv elements Maria shared in the workshop. Very fun!

I do have three quilts in progress:

  • One using my Bee Sewcial prompt for July, Minimal Shapes; I'm still receiving blocks from my bee mates.
  • "Like, Totally", the 2024 Seattle MQG BOM, which is still ongoing.
  • The chair quilt I've been working on the last few months. I just finished quilting and hope to start binding tonight.


Handwork
  • I've continued to enjoy stitching Dropcloth @dropcloth samplers, and have added several to the mix, all part of the Floral Stitches series: 
  • Other handwork - My daughter, Rachel @snippetsofsweetness, gave me a sashiko piece back in February that I finally finished!!

  • AND I started a new handwork piece - White Windows by Colette Moscrop. It's still very much underway.



Community
  • I plan to continue with the regular blogging and publishing monthly or so newsletters. This has continued to go well, with the expected ebbs and flows, depending on what I'm working on and life happenings. 
  • Next week, I plan to participate in a 'round table' at our monthly Seattle MQG meeting, sharing my tutorial for matched binding. There will be several other members sharing a particular skill as well. 

New Directions

Well that's it for now. It's felt like a very disjointed quarter, especially August and September, but that's how life goes sometimes. Just working at taking one day at a time, and letting it be what it is. Meanwhile, I've got a quilt finish in sight, and I'm calling that a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment