I think it was the end of May when I received the latest Dropcloth alphabet sampler, ABC Swirl. So that means I stitched on it for several weeks. And honestly, it was most enjoyable, as all the ABC samplers have been.
I thoroughly enjoyed mixing up the thread colors and stitches as I went. Then I chose a fun variegated thread to do a seed stitch 'border.'
It's been ages since I've shared the back of a project, so here you go! I honestly don't pay much attention to it as I'm stitching, so it's wild and colorful. How fun is that?




It's delightful, and fun to puzzle out where the letters are. Thanks for the peek at the the back, too!
ReplyDeleteThe whole piece is great! I'd hoop it up and keep the back uncovered as I like the improv/abstract art look of it. It's great that you enjoy these samplers. Curious... have you heard of meditation scrolls? Or stitching scrolls? I want to try making one. Seems that making a stitching scroll would be another good outlet for your great embroidery skills.
ReplyDelete