Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Gum Wall

At our recent Seattle MQG guild meeting, we heard about the guild's plans for our QuiltCon 2027 Community Outreach Challenge quilt. We're using the bold palette - Bella Eggplant, Wheat, Shocking Pink, Pond, and Periwinkle, and as you might already know, the design theme is Half-Square Triangles. I was amused - though not disappointed - that our quilt would be inspired by The Gum Wall at our city's historical Pike Place Market. (Click the link if you're not familiar with it. Brace yourself.)

We were each given three pieces of fabric to make HSTs in at least two sizes between 1.5" and 5" unfinished. We had the option to make some skinny HRTs, but I opted to stick with the HSTs.


So I've sent my 22 HSTs + that one little scrap back to our Community Outreach team. Seriously can't wait to see what they come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment