Gotta say, these grab&piece blocks aren't for the faint of heart. The crazy mix of shapes, sizes and colors from the scrap basket take some patience to press and then puzzle together. But I've made good progress!
Block #4, 19" x 22".
Block #5, 20" x 23".
At the end of each block, before I reached into the scrap basket again, I re-sorted the scraps I had left from the previous block. I liked to keep the smallest pieces next to my machine, as I always start a new block by piecing those together.
So then I add the new pull, all pressed and ready to sew before starting to compose the next block. Here's #6, 15" x 22".
Six blocks in, I took a photo and meant to share here, but got busy with other things. So I just kept making blocks.
Block 7, 11" x 20".
Block 8, 20" x 24".
AND finally Block 9, 12" x 20". For this one, I tossed all the scraps left from Block 8 back in the scrap basket, mixed them up, than pulled a couple handfuls out for this final block.
And THEN, on Sunday, I managed to get them all sewn into a quilt top, 53" x 60". I very briefly considered rearranging the blocks for better distribution of color, but then I thought why? As random as the scrap pulls and blocks have been, why not just let the quilt be what it was? And so I left them alone.









No comments:
Post a Comment