Friday, September 25, 2026

Kitchen Report | 6 Weeks

There were a couple of no-work days in the last two weeks, just due to timing of the different phases. BUT, cabinets are all in, upper trim done, and hardware on.



I couldn't be more pleased with the cabinet pulls - actually called Quilted in a flat black.


Once that was all done, the flooring install began, which meant weaving in new red oak hardwood in the kitchen with our old flooring in the dining room. Between install, sanding, and refinishing clear to the front door, that process took four full work days - ie. pretty much all of week 6. So the flooring is done now and looks great - so much better than 40yo linoleum.


I think I'll leave it there, as the team is here now covering those new floors with ram board to protect them for the rest of the remodel. A bit of a happy surprise is that the painter will be coming Monday, fit in before the countertops arrive in early October. There are a few other things that can be taken care of during that time - installation of toe-kicks, new molding, maybe even installing the refrigerator. And if next time I report in the tile/backsplash is being installed, then I'll be a very happy camper, and the end will be in sight.

1 comment:

  1. loving this so much. the handles are magnificent! had not seen those up close before

    ReplyDelete