Monday, September 21, 2026

Step by Step

Looking back, it's been over ten days since I posted a finished courthouse steps quilt top on IG. About 64" square, I know it's busy, busy, with little space for the eye to rest, but I love it. For now, I'm calling it No Rest for the Weary.


Then I took time away to piece my Elate quilt top, which I'm glad I did, but that means I'm still plugging along on making a quilt back for the courthouse steps. Honestly, I chose a pretty slow route, starting by piecing together the scraps left from the puzzling of the quilt top, following my own prompt by making the center black and white. Then I kept building, first making and attaching scrappy warm sections....



and then the next steps were scrappy cool. Is it obvious that I'm making one big ole courthouse steps block for the back?? I hope so.


I'll continue on with another round of warm and cool, and since I'm super low on solid colored scraps by now, I think I'll go with big swaths of color. We'll see what I've got stashed to work with, but hoping to feel inspired to finish this back in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment