Though I wasn't sure what purpose the 'interlining' served, and since I didn't have the suggested fabrics, I added a layer of Warm & White along with the Insul-Brite. If I make these again, I'll probably piece random fabric strips together for the front, rather than cutting them to be specific widths and lengths - that was the most time-consuming part of the whole pattern. I machine-quilted randomly spaced, with some wavy lines and some straight.
(Check out retro mama's post with updated instructions for applying the bindings. I saw this after I was done, but in case you are still stitching . . .)
These have just the right sturdiness, and they are already in my kitchen drawer, ready to be put to use!
Unfortunately, Penny from Sew Take a Hike wasn't able to share about her project today, but sew-along hostess Lindsey
will soon, so I'll add a link to her post when I see it did - here. Revised to say, Lindsey's are SO fun - you won't want to miss them!