Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Exhibition

Soooo, as I mentioned yesterday morning, our family went on an adventure to Island Quilter on Vashon Island to see the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild 2012 Exhibition. Without saying too much other than we had a delicious lunch, the exhibit was really enjoyable, it's a great quilt shop that we'd like to revisit some day, and we had a fun outing with the family, I'll leave you with some photos from the day . . .
 ferry to Vashon Island

 wall of quilts

Rachel telling grandma about her quilts

 Rachel and her minis - "Sunshiny Day" & "Blueberry Muffin"

 "Motley" by Emily Cier

 "Urban Innocence" by Sandie Holtman

 "Fresh Cut" by Katie Pedersen


 wall of quilts

 "Arkansas-Traveled" by Ara Jane Olufson

"Grape Crush" by Katie Pedersen


 "Mrs. Roy G. Biv" by Emily Cier

 "Migration" by Season Evans

 "Orange Sherbet" by Chara Michele

heading home . . .


15 comments:

  1. Oh, how I'd love to go see a show like that! My oldest daughter and I were just talking about taking a ferry. There used to be one where we live, but they built a bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful day and a really neat display to take in. I don't envy you the ferry ride though! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy! I loved seeing the variety in the quilts you saw...fantastic. You must be so proud of your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a wonderful time and Rachel and her quilts looks so lovely! A very talented guild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What wonderful pictures!! That traffic line is crazy though! I really want to visit Seattle and areas soon. Last time I was there was 15 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of loveliness on this page! And congrats again to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a great job of showing us your day in photos. I feel as though I went along with you! Beautiful quilts!
    Linda F.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fun, some amazing quilts in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful show! There are some incredible modern quilts, including lovely Rachels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what gorgeous quilts! So wish I had been there too =D!

    Also I've added some new fabrics into my swap shop, as well as a new one via Flickr. If you're interested feel free to check them out =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/cheraldines-swap-shop.html
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ibescheraldine/sets/72157630591128322/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! That looks like so much fun. I just moved to Washington and missed out on this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love quilt shows. Was there a merchant mall too ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow..those quilts are ALL amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I am so so jealous. I would love to go to Island Quilter. Saw it in a magazine and it's definitely my kind of shop. A little too far from Colorado though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so cool that you were able to see the exhibit! My friend, Ara Jane, posted about it, since her quilt was included. It seems like it was a lovely show!

    ReplyDelete