Monday, July 16, 2012

Generation Q

I am a Q-Bie. 
BWS tips button
In all honesty, I had never heard of Generation Q before they emailed me to ask if they could feature this quilt as their "Quilt Pick of the Week" last October.
I was honored, of course, and became a follower and regular reader of GenQ. So come April of this year when I saw they were using Kickstarter to generate the funds needed to take the e-zine to print, I jumped right in, offering a small token to support their effort. 

Well, in record time, they had the funds they needed, and their first copy is now in print and being distributed. Currently sold in online shops, as well as some of your local quilt stores, I must say, I like it at first glance, and am anxious to read it cover to cover.

As a thank you, all contributors to the Kickstarter fund got a bit of a thank you.
I knew it was coming, so was excited to see it in my mailbox on Saturday.
Included was a heart-felt thank you letter, a copy of editor Jake's book, Fast, Fun & Easy Book Cover Art, two copies of the new Generation Q, and a generous bundle of fabric - lots of Free Spirit Sunshine Linen and a half-yard of Rashida Coleman-Hale's Cute Bots in Pink.

Every once in a while it's nice to be a part of a new venture. I hope you check out the new magazine if you get a chance. And if you're a Q-Bie too, I'd love to know!

12 comments:

  1. Oh that`s very cool - good for you! I love that fabric - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, I supported them too. It is a nice package that you got too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was exiting and so wonderful! Really lovely 'thank you' present - beautiful fabrics! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Debbie! That's so fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that's really neat! A great little thank you package too. Love those fabrics, right up my alley with the oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Debbie! That's an awesome thank you gift! Not sure if this mag is available 'downunder'! It looks like a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What an awesome package and such gorgeous prints =D

    Also I've added some new fabrics into my swap shop, as well as a new one via Flickr. If you're interested feel free to check them out =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/cheraldines-swap-shop.html
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ibescheraldine/sets/72157630591128322/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh way to go Debbie! Thanks for the info, I had not heard of this before.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being featured - lovely fabrics and the magazine looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Debbie. I have seen little snippets here and there about Gen Q.
    Looking forward to seeing more. Congrats on them choosing your quilt too

    ReplyDelete
  11. So exciting! Congratulations! And that fabric is so fun!

    ReplyDelete