Sunday, December 30, 2012

Extreme Sightings

After the adventure the Triple-Zip Pouch tutorial has had these last few months, I thought I'd share another round of sightings, previously shown here, here, and here.  

Featured in November with other "Crafty Little Things to Sew" on Sew Can She, it also showed up in DIY Crafting at heart-2-home.

But the most fun of all has been seeing triple-zips that others have made. Like Kristin of Kristin's Quilts and Stuff . . .
Triple Zip Pouch
Used by permission.

and Selina of selina quilts.
Used by permission.

Look at all these that were posted on Quilting with A Quilter's Table . . .

Blue Square Quilting outdid herself and made 19(!) as Christmas gifts!

In all, I've see at least 45(!) Triple-Zip Pouches made . . . so gratifying! And for the tutorial to have won the Handmade with Love Tutorial Contest was "icing on the cake!" You can bet I'm looking forward to seeing more, so keep sharing them!

17 comments:

  1. 19 at once is amazing, I guess that proves that the pattern is great and easy to make. I need to make one for me, I keep giving the ones I make away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these on my 2013 project list... they are just so cute and I love seeing all of the variations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I have fabrics picked out for one more but haven't had time to get at it. Now that Christmas is done (well, after tomorrow for us) hopefully I can get to my humongous-and-growing pile of intentions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that makes 135 zippers that have come to life! so much fun to see it in so many different fabric combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cute ones! Maybe you could start a Flickr group to put them all in one place? Just a thought : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't they all look fab. This pattern is on my 2013 to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The two I made will be on their way to Germany tomorrow. A friend liked them and asked if she could buy them from me. I gave them as a gift to her so will be making more in 2013. Thanks for your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 19? I'd have run out of zips lol They do look fab though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu should be so proud of yourself. You worked it up and shared it with us all. Then we used your tutorial and passed the happiness forward. A true gift as it keeps on giving. Thank You.
    Oh yeah, I just ordered another load of zippers. ;}

    ReplyDelete
  10. And that was some sweet tasting icing!! This a is wonderful pouch and you are a deserving winner. Maybe we need a cake (and icing) to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, duh. Found your flickr group after I made a comment. Should have known you would be right on that in a flash. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many fabulous pouches! And congrats on winning the comp too - it really is such a nice and useful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely pouches made with a fantastic pattern

    I need to get one made. It's such a neat idea and oh, those you've shown are just beautiful.

    Grats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on winning the tutorial contest. It really is a great bag and your instructions make it so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many awesome ones! I can't believe someone made 19...so many zippers oh my!

    ReplyDelete