Friday, November 16, 2012

Various Sightings

It's been a while since I shared Triple-Zip sightings {here and here}, so I hope you'll bear with me! I actually blame Leanne of shecanquilt, who made TWO this week! But before I show off some zips, I'll just mention how crazy it is to see your project on a post where you need a translator (from Portuguese) to read about it, like I did on Criar com Tecidos. A metric converter would also be a necessity for a reader of "Create with Fabrics" to make my tutorial. Lovely.

The tutorial was also shared on Ninth Street Notions, along with other fat quarter projects; at Sew Pretty Sew Free, where free tutorials are shared every day; on Lola Pink's Great Tutorials(!) board on Pinterest; and on Sew, Mama, Sew!'s Sew It! ~ Bags board! Humbling to be sure.

So on to the actual pouches. First, Grandma G outdid herself and made her fourth Triple-Zip!
Triple-Zip Pouch

Deb of Trio Stitch Studio resized it and made one using some delicious fussy-cutting.
Triple-Zip Pouch - Sewing Summit Zipper Pouch Swap

And Leanne, like I said, made two this week! I just love her use of patchwork!
Triple Zipper Pouch 

Triple Zipper Scrappy Pouch

While I'm at it, I might as well mention the fun convo I 'overheard' about my matched binding tutorial. {here}. And I quote: "...check out her post on Striped Binding...another clever technique." And regarding the striped binding tutorial, "The striped binding looks like way too much work." Cracked me up.

And to wrap up this self-gratification post, check out SharHen's very own Mod Angles Cushion also made with my newest tutorial! This is the first I've seen, and it made me so happy!
DSCF0604

22 comments:

  1. It is always so fun to see how each project is different even starting with the same excellent instructions. Thanks for the tutorial, I know why Grandma G is on her 4th bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's whatcha get for writing such a great tutorial! :) I'm actually considering #5. They're just so addictingly fun to make! They're also very handy to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for your creative ideas, Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your success Debbie ; )
    I'm sure it was just over a year ago we "met" on the small blog meet, and look at you now!!
    Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try this triple zip pouch out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://p8ntingmom.blogspot.com/2012/11/quick-easy.html. I made one last week too! Super easy tutorial to follow. Just bought more zippers to make another! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! The fussy cut pouch is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Imitation is high praise! Congrats, Debbie, on inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you Debbie!! Can I mention a double sighting? Leanne mentioned in 2 consecutive posts in my reader (the other was The Quilting Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many fun pouches! And that pillow cover is beautiful. What a thrill to see so many mentions. Must mean you're doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Leanne, such a bad influence ;o) Great job by all :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So awesome pouches.congrats to all the ladies !

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun to find your projects all over the world! They all look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, how fun!!! All the pouches look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are just so clever and so is everyone else who made those triple zip pouches. I just HAVE to make one. I'm going to order zips right now so I can. Fabric? I have LOADS of fabric that I have never used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want a double or triple zip pouch and thanks for all the eye candy and inspiration!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool! I have been thinking of making some of those triple zip pouches for christmas gift, they are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful versions of your pattern! Still on my list! I even have the fabrics Grandma G used.
    Off to have a look at you other tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE how you made the HST blocks! What a great idea. I just pinned it, so I won't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all those projects, so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete