Friday, November 2, 2012

So, So Random

First off, I want to announce the winner of October's Tuesday at the Table linky. And that would be Nicke of kiss kiss Quilt!
Congrats, Nicke! I'll be emailing you!

Speaking of Tuesday at the Table, I mentioned this last Tuesday about a recipe for Apple Cider Doughnuts, and how I had ordered a doughnut pan so I could make them. Well it arrived, and when I posted a pic on Instagram . . . well let's just say it had some interest.
So I have a challenge of sorts - let's declare next Tuesday, November 6, Doughnut Day. If you have a doughnut pan, how about making some and linking up a post next week? I'll try mine and report back too. AND if you have any doughnut recipes besides the one you want to share, email me a link to them, and I'll add them to the list I have already started {thanks, Elizabeth!} and list them on next week's post for everyone to enjoy. Deal?

On to other randomness . . . Amy, head honcho of the 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee, posted a pic recently of several quilts {mine included} made from 4x5 bee blocks. I thought you might enjoy them.
Samples of Samplers

There's all sorts of fun events starting up around blog land, isn't there? One I'm really looking forward to is the Ruby Star Wrap-Along, hosted by Amy herself. All of us at Sewing Summit received a copy of Melody Miller's Ruby Star Wrapping. It's a very cool book with lots of great ideas. Check it out. I'm pretty sure you'll want to follow along too.
Ruby Star Wrap-Along

Then there's a linky by Katy of monkey do. She asks, "Christmas...can we share ideas?". So that's worth glancing at and maybe even linking to. 

And just to give you a head's up, I'll be participating in the UR Priceless blop hop that begins on November 5. I'll share my project(s) next Thursday, the 8th. Here's the complete schedule and more info. Isn't it a sweet little purse?

Lastly, thanks to those who have joined in to help Jennifer make some quilts for her family and friends touched by Hurricane Sandy! If you'd still like to join in, details are in the Hurricane Sandy Help flickr group.

Linking up with Really Random Thursday on a Friday.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Nicke- that will brighten her day! My husband (the cook of the family) makes the yummiest jam donut muffins! They are great! Here's the link:
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/6541/jam+doughnut+muffins
    I think this is the American version:
    http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/doughnut_muffins.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found you via blog hopping! I have one of those doughnut pans (I call it the nipple pan!!) I've had it around 2 years and never used it so perhaps I should join you next Tuesday and use it for the first time! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a sneaky feeling you'd join in the Ruby Star Wrap Along! woohoo! btw I love your sampler quilt and posted it on the 4x5 landing page:
    http://sukiedontyaknow.com/4x5-modern-quilt-bee/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the quilts and I'll have to try to find me a doughnut pan because I know my granddaughter would love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for me! Thanks so much Debbie! Doughnuts are going to be made by me! Very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have all my ingredients for my cider donuts - a different recipe, so count me in, assuming I will get some time to make them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats nicke! - i cant wait to hear more about these doughnuts and how they work out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you can make donuts without hot oil? So much to learn, I will be watching for the outcomes as I expect that my family would love to have home made donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Nicke!

    You are going to be a busy girl before Christmas aren't you? ;o)

    Loving all the things you've been up to in the last week and a half :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hopping over from Cindy's blog post today! How fun to see my aqua/green 3X6 sampler featured! You have a great blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool that your quilt made the mosaic--I really love it.

    I'm thinking I might need to get that donut pan...

    ReplyDelete