Wednesday, December 12, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

Two weeks from this W.i.P. Wednesday, Christmas will be over! SO much still to do!

Completed Projects
Ruby Star Wrapping - The Simple Drawstring Bag had a slow start but ended up being just delightful and I hope to make a few more.

December do.Good Stitches blocks - Shown in last week's Random post, they were mailed off today!

More Brrr! Potholders - Love this simple design, and I love making them in pairs!

A Maisy Quilt - This was my proudest finish of the week! Not only is it on my fourth quarter Finish-A-Long list (two done!), but it coordinates with the tree skirt I made last year. In the reveal post where there's plenty of pics, I failed to mention that the initial fabrics came from Nancy Halvorsen's Jingle All the Way, so there are really "Christmas" fabrics in there, though several stash favorites were also included. Unconventional as it is, I'm super pleased with it and love it in our living room.

Ongoing projects
Modern Crosses quilt - It may not look like much, but I have all the remaining blocks started - over 10 yards of continuous piecing! Now time to cut apart and press.{oh joy}

Snack Sack minis - Haven't touched these yet. In addition, I have several other littles in a variety of stages . . .

Falling Flakes stocking - I loved this pattern by imagine gnats, and have the front and back of this one quilted.

A Zakka frame purse without the pleat.

And some Zakka potholders.

Plus other Christmas surprises are in the works!

Upcoming projects
* Christmas!
* more frame purses
* Ruby Star Wrapping
* Binary quilt using blocks from Modern Blocks Bee
* scrappy Metrolink - January?
* Polaroid block projects - January?
* placemats

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! You have beautiful projects going on and so lovely fabrics! I see that you are busy till the last day. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas quilt is sophisticated and stunning! Lovely projects as usual Debbie - good luck with getting everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects Debbie - Maisy looks right at home on your couch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such ambition Debbie! I love the modern look of your frame purse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your Maisy quilt, Debbie! It looks wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those potholders are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As busy as ever! I adore the Maisy quilt and those stockings look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin the pot holders...I see a quilt in those colors with that wonky design! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that Christmas is on your to do list. The quilt is wonderful and, as always, your projects look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt just made it onto my Pinterest board of projects to tackle in the future. I know yours is Christmas themed but the colors and pattern would also work for the "Manly" Quilt I'm trying to put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute projects you have going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally copied your Brrr! potholders from a couple of weeks ago, and they are fantastic! Sure do like your Zakka framed pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects, Debbie! Love the framed pouch and potholders... Are the grommets rust resistant?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely stuff Debbie. I'm still loving the Brr for the potholders. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful projects and fabrics!! You have accomplished a lot!! Have fun cutting and pressing; 10 yards should keep you busy for a bit!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that frame pouch soooo much ii pinned it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All lovely, Debbie! I especially love that little purse!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you've had a great week, love them all

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have been busy - I am using the same stocking pattern, its great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Brrr! potholders! Already made them a favorite on flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely projects Debbie. I printed off the stocking pattern. Did you find it to be quite big? I am thinking of downsizing it a bit for baby Jane : )

    ReplyDelete