Wednesday, December 19, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

Whew! I've been going non-stop. Work is b.u.s.y. this time of year so the days are long and the deadline looming. Same can be said of the sewing room. Mass gifts and wraps  - some already gifted, some soon, some in progress. I know it's W.i.P. Wednesday, but I can't show you all the wips, if you get my drift and I'm sure you do. So please forgive if there's more finished projects to show this week. I promise you, all in due time . . .

Completed Projects
Ruby Star Wrapping Snack Sack minis - I tweaked the pattern to make the little sacks just right for a gift card. Talk about quick and easy!
Ruby Star Tiny Snack Sack 

Falling Flakes stocking - Love this pattern by imagine gnats, who offers a free tutorial on her blog. It was super fun to put this together. I trimmed about 1" off the top to make its size more comparable to our other stockings, plus made my own fabric hanger, rather than use a ribbon.
falling flakes stocking 

Drawstring bags - Used Jeni's pattern of course. I'd really planned to make oodles of these, but so far have only managed to make the two that have already been gifted. oh well. The dotty one is The Project Bag (13"  tall x 8") and the bird one is The Snack Bag (8" tall x 4.5").
Drawstring Bag

 

Zakka potholders - Used some DS prints and plaid along with some white Essex.
Zakka Style Potholders

Zakka frame purse - just for fun. I adore this pattern.
Zakka Style Frame Purse

Infinity scarf - Not very photo friendly, but fun to make. I referred to a tutorial by Nancy Zieman, plus got some help from Heather. I'll keep trying to get a decent photo - love the voile I used - first real item I've sewed using voile.

Frame purse - I confess I love how this one turned out with fussy cut Field Study poppies. 
Metal Frame Purse 
Lining is Nordic Diamond by heaven & helsinki. Sorry I only managed to get the thread in focus, but my tiredness precluded me from popping the camera card back in and trying again. At least you get a peek at the contrasting interior. It makes it, imho.

Ongoing projects
Modern Crosses quilt - No progress but top priority once Christmas is done! Serious.

Zakka frame purse without the pleat - I set it aside for a bit, so still working at stitching that frame on.

A stocking for hubby - Not sure why I decided he needed a new stocking this year, but I'll be using Camille Roskelley's Merry pattern (the zig-zag one), so am working on piecing some hst's. Shouldn't take long once those are done.

Plus other Christmas surprises are in the works!

Upcoming projects
* more Christmas!
* more frame purses
* Ruby Star Wrapping - pillowcase pouches + ??
* Binary quilt using blocks from Modern Blocks Bee
* scrappy Metrolink - January?
* Polaroid block projects - January?
* placemats

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

24 comments:

  1. Yup, you're definitely busy there! All looking great though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than happy to see your 'finishes'! Love the drawstring bags and sweet pleated purse! Did you solve your stitching problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Debbie! I wish I could dive in to your fabric stash! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects, Debbie! Can't wait to see what else you've got up your Santa sleeve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list, as usual. The bags and purses are so lovely, and new stockings will be fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy! Such lovely gifts...and there will some very lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow - all that AND some hidden projects? You've been busy!! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you weren't kidding, so busy! Good luck getting it all finished up! I especially love those draw string bags, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gift bags. I will need to make some of those for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, lots of great projects! They all turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice that you're making time to sew during the busy work season. Really love the gift card holders and frame pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been busy! It is so fun to see all of the little Christmas projects that everyone is working on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks lovely Debbie. Finished my stocking too. Just need some pics,
    Merry Christmas from our house to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your projects are beautiful!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty pieces, all of these! I love the pleats on the one snap clutch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is soooo cute! I love the little gift card sacks... your pretty Christmas fabrics make them perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You amaze me every week, Debbie, with what you accomplish. Your idea of downsizing the snack bag pattern for gift cards is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, seems like you're getting a ton done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Boy, you've been at it again Debbie!! Now that I have a part-time job and noting how my sewing time has suffered, I am amazed how you finish all that you do and work full-time as well! Impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have been busy. Love the projects you have completed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a great variety of projects as usual Debbie - love the Falling flakes stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Goodness. Love the bags, love the purses, love the potholders, love the stocking! You are way busy! Good luck getting more done in time! No sleep... lots of coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many cute things! Wish I had a few more days, I would make some of those stockings. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW!!! Just WOW! You have been busy making all sorts of delightful stuff!!! Your stocking is my favorite thing in this batch --- just my colors. ;) Congrats on your big win for the Triple Zip Pouch - well-deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete