Wednesday, August 7, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along :: Blocks 31, 32, & 33

This week's blocks mark one-third of the way through the City Sampler Quilt Along and I can honestly say I'm still really enjoying this project!

As I've mentioned before, I am matching Tula's fabrics as my stash allows, but this was one of those blocks that called for larger pieces than I had of a print. So you'll see the sides of my block are solid rather than print, but I think it still works well. The framed center block reminds me of a Polaroid!

Block #32 may just be one of my very favorites so far! I had the fussy cut tree, but my other fabrics are of my own choosing, while staying faithful to the palette. I must say I really like the stash fabrics I found to coordinate with the lovely tree.

This one's kind of funny in that I had a bit of the tree print, but only the roots were large enough to fussy cut. So I went with it and kind of like it.

So far so good!

13 comments:

  1. I love this week's round of blocks, especially the 'flame' tree one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Debbie. I bet you are excited for this week end : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks are looking beautiful! I love the second one, I think because I really love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a third of the way done already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! This quilt is going to be gorgeous. Oh, and I bet Tula wishes she had designed the Pearl Bracelets fabric! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are looking fantastic and I love that you're showing them alongside the ones from the book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I like the roots as well. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fussy cut "roots" and I am beginning to develop a crush on Tula Pink via her fabrics...I think i'm going to make a patio table cloth from the laminated trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love following your blog. I have Tula's book, but haven't started any blocks yet. I really like your choices when you stray a little.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More fantastic blocks, every time I read your blog I always think I must buy the book

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fun to see how you're trying to match your blocks to the book. You've done some creative things to make them all work beautifully. I'm already imagining how you'll quilt this one; it will surely be wonderfully modern.

    ReplyDelete