Monday, August 26, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along :: Blocks 40, 41, & 42

Crazy, but this week's blocks weren't half as quick as normal, especially #40 there. 24 pieces in one 6 1/2" block! But the end result was definitely worth it.
The next two weren't quite so tricky.


By the way, are you following along with the City Sampler posts at Sew Sweetness? Today there were some handy tips - for block storage, for stitching diagonals - good stuff.
As is my block-filled book. Awesome, huh?

Linking up with Sew Sweetness.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks. I have been considering purchasing that book, and you might have me convinced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally purchased it after seeing lots of gorgeous blocks surfacing in blogland. I'm now waiting for it to arrive so I can try them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great block. The final quilt will be awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a spectacular collection of inspiration ..woww

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extremely awesome. I love your blocks. Some of the farmers wife blocks had a gazillion pieces too. You are getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, #40 is effective, but that is a *lot* of pieces

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how stuffed your book is! That's hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing the blocks and how perfect they are. But I also love how stuffed the book is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the photo of your block-filled book. my farmer's wife book looked like that at different stages :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So awesome! These blocks look really great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful blocks and I love the way you a filling up that book. What a fun way to record your progress .

    ReplyDelete