Wednesday, October 22, 2014

W.i.P. Wednesday

It's been about a month since I reported in for W.i.P. Wednesday, but the good news is all the projects listed in that post are done! I'm working on a couple of projects this week, the main one being this mass of color.
I was inspired by both Poppyprint's Chess on the Steps, and All the Colours from shecanquilt - two quilts I keep going back to again and again. It has been suggested the piece I created looks like Montana, and I can't disagree. But I'm planning on trimming it up, adding some borders, and then who knows what - the truest kind of w.i.p.

As leader-enders, I've been making more cross-stitch blocks (tutorial by Pile O'Fabric). I'm working my way through my 3rd Kona Ash charm pack, and when I'm done with that, I think I'll finalize my design. There's no science to what scraps I'm using in these other than size, so it'll be kinda crazy scrappy.

So stay tuned. Lots to be decided to get these two to the finish line.

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

11 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you only have two WIPs! And what impressive ones they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see these 2 evolve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colourful improv is amazing, how big is it so far?

    Also I sure do love those cross stitch blocks and what a great idea to do those as leaders/enders. I have little scraps of fabric that I put through as leaders/enders, over and over again, and they are not a thing of beauty!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the top one and looking forward to seeing what it turns into!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colorful improv! It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scrappiness is inspiring! I love how those colors work together <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scrappy blocks are terrific! They go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your scraps will be gone! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I need to make an improv small pieces one someday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! All projects are done is not what many of us can say!!!! Love the colors on the scrappy block quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm quite intrigued by all those bits of color. Look forward to seeing where it goes.

    ReplyDelete