The fabric I took to work with was a bundle of stunning Irome Muji, a cotton/linen blend by Kokka that daughter dear had purchased from Circa15 for my birthday. I also pulled from stash some dark gray chambray and some natural Essex linen, thinking I could use them as fillers as needed.
Not knowing what to expect, I was surprised yet pleased when Libs announced we were going to start our projects like a game show. We chose blocks, called out numbers, rolled a huge fabric die, and colored in a plan.
I managed to get 40 some blocks done (easiest first!), and when I got home, laid them out according to my personalized quilt plan. The lighting wasn't great, and colors may be rearranged as I make the rest of my blocks, but the kinds of blocks are all in their assigned places.
So I totally embraced the chaos of creating my own unique design and quite honestly, I'm anxious to get back to it!
photo courtesy Tawnee/tmamaphresh