- I didn't miss bread or pasta as much as I though I would. Like at all.
- I'm not craving sweets. This from someone who previously had a piece of dark chocolate after dinner pretty much every night.
- What I expected to miss the most, I did - my morning latte. In fact if I felt anything negative at all, it was a bit of a caffeine-deficiency, because I really don't care for coffee without a hit of dairy. But I survived!
- I've become a strong proponent of the Mason Jar Salad. Oh yeah! I actually looked forward to one every day for lunch, and didn't even feel deprived. Plus they're fun to make and I have noticed some jealousy from my coworkers.
- I've rediscovered some joy in cooking, which is a good thing!
So I'm in the reintroduction phase now, where food items I'd eliminated come back one at a time. Then we'll enjoy Easter with the family, then back on program. Don't worry, I'm stepping down from my soapbox now, but this has been such a good thing for our family that I wanted to give it a shout-out. Over and out!