Sunday, June 25, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long :: Q2 Finishes

With just two projects on my Q2 Finish-A-Long list, one with a deadline and the other a bee commitment, I was pretty sure I'd get them both done with time to spare.

The first was a stitch and flip quilt that was made for a Black & White + One challenge, and is still awaiting the show it was made for.


Considering I 'built' it on the design wall one block at a time, this one took a while, but it was really an enjoyable process.

40" square

The other project on the list was February's Faith Circle quilt. Inspired by Greenery, the Pantone Color of the Year, we used Jodi/Tales of Cloth's Squash Blossom block tutorial, which became a favorite for sure.


The mix of greens really made for a striking quilt.


48" x 60"

So yay! Refiner's Fire is in Minnesota for the upcoming show, and All the Greens has been donated to Valley Breast Center locally. I feel good about all that.

8 comments:

  1. You make many beautiful quilts, but I guess it is still hard to give one of them away. But you say it made you feel good, so everything is okay in the end.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I look forward to hearing how the show goes (and some photos of Refiner's Fire on display), and it always makes me feel good to drop of a quilt for donation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two quilts are beautiful!! Love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your green one, so pretty. Which show is it in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on both your beautiful finishes! Now to think about that Q3 list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh..My..Your black and white and gold is stunning...great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, two beautiful quilts and a 100% on the FAL... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete